Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crane Lake Pinot Grigio, 2009



Price: $3.33 @ Jenifer Street Market

Brian sez: I stopped by this neat little neighborhood grocery store the other day because:

a. I was driving past
b. I'd heard good things about it and, ultimately
c. I needed some sauerkraut

They had a special on two different labels-- $9.99 for THREE bottles.  Wow!!  This has CWC written all over it!!

My initial impression was not favorable.  None of the crispness that I like to see in a Gray Peanut (I think that's what Pinot Grigio means in English), and a little too much sugar.  Ultimately, it worked out as an okay compliment to our meal-- spicy gazpacho and Greek meatballs with blueberry and carrot salad.  There was just enough edge to it that it nicely cut through the dill, onion, garlic and mint in the meatballs.  Unfortunately, however, lack of balance and any real interesting flavor means this one is not a winner in the "Buy Again" category. 

Binary scale rating: 0

1 comment:

  1. Um, forget the wine, pass on the "greek meatball!" and spicy gazpacho recipe!

    ReplyDelete